Posted by Just Promoters on
Licester city frontman, Vardy, has today equaled Van Nistelrooy's record and becomes first player to score in 10 games in a row in the same Premier League season
Leicester striker, Jamie Vardy has equalled Ruud van Nistelrooy's record of scoring in 10 consecutive Premier League games.
The England striker not only matched the Manchester United man's 2003 feat, but bettered it by becoming the first man to do it in one season with his strike against Newcastle on Saturday.
Vardy was a doubt prior to the game as he fought to recover from a hip injury suffered on England duty. But the 28-year-old passed a late fitness test to make it on the team sheet at St James' Park and continue his fairytale run.
Vardy has been a catalyst behind the Foxes’ success this season, finding the net in each Premier League contest since scoring at Bournemouth at the end of August.
To emphasise the form of Vardy, the rapid frontman has been directly involved in 22 Leicester Premier League goals, scored 17 and assisted with five, in his last 23 appearances.
Van Nistelrooy's 10-goal streak bridged the end of Manchester United's 2002/03 title wining season and the beginning of the 2003/2004 campaign.
The 28-year-old could surpass Van Nistelrooy against the side he set the record for, when United visit Leicester next Saturday.
JAMIE VARDY'S INCREDIBLE 10-GAME SCORING RUN
- August 29, Bournemouth 1 Leicester 1: 86' (pen)
- September 13, Leicester 3 Aston Villa 2: 82'
- September 19, Stoke 2 Leicester 2: 69'
- September 26, Leicester 2 Arsenal 5: 13', 89'
- October 3, Norwich 1 Leicester 2: 28' (pen)
- October 17, Southampton 2 Leicester 2: 66', 90'
- October 24, Leicester 1 Crystal Palace 0: 59'
- October 31, West Brom 2 Leicester 3: 77'
- November 7, Leicester 2 Watford 1: 69' (pen)
- November 21, Newcastle v Leicester: 45'
Driven by the passion to promote human resources and the strive to giving the world an ear to listen through a media platform called JUSTPROMOTERS