Tragic! 7 Family Members Burnt to Death in Night Fire (Photo)

 Sadly, a family of eight were trapped in a fire in Surulere on Tuesday, leaving seven members dead. 

 
 
Seven members of a family of eight were killed on Tuesday night, September 8, when fire razed their self-contain apartment in Surulere, Lagos Mainland.
 
The fire was caused by candlelight while the family was asleep.The lone survivor Chidinma (8) is lying critically ill in hospital.
 
The dead are Kelechi Onoja, 28, his wife, Nkiru, 18, two children Favour, 2 and her three-week-old brother. Others are the late Onoja’s mother-in-law Mrs Okezie and her visiting two relatives.
 
A neighbour, Uzor Alajemba, said he heard shouts, “help!” “help!!” “help!!!”, from the apartment, adding that when he came out, smoke had filled the whole compound.
 
He said: “I brought my family out of the house and called neighbours who alerted the fire fighters. I don’t how it happened. I just rescued my family.”
 
Another resident, Tony Anslem said other tenants didn’t raise the alarm on time,noting that by the time fire fighters arrived, it was too late to rescue them.
 
“We heard noise but we couldn’t rescue them because there was a burglar-proof at the entrance of the house. Nkiru’s mother was found burnt at the entrance of the door while trying to escape and the others were found on a mattress inside the room,” he said.
 
The late Onoja’s sister, Obioma, in tears, said: “I live in Onipanu and I got the information this morning (yesterday), I was still happy that the house was burnt and not that they died until I got here. I don’t know what to do ooo! I am in shock. He is my younger brother. See the way my brother died.”
The little girl named Chidinma that survived the fierce fire outbreak in Lagos have given up the ghost due to the degree of burns she suffered.
Chidinma lying in a critical state
 
Chidinma, the little girl who survived the fire incident that killed 7 members of a family, has died. She suffered some facial burns during the unfortunate incident.
 
According to reports, she died this afternoon at the Gbagada General Hospital where she was receiving medical attention.
 
It would be recalled that the fire incident killed seven of her family members.
0